Monday 7 April 2014

d race for engineering seat - part 2

Dear friends,

I shared some of  concerns in my first post on the subject. On 6th April, IIT mains exam was held. 

While I waited sitting outside the examination venue for my son who had gone to write the exam, many marketing people from private engineering colleges and admission consultants were busy distributing their pamphlets/cards etc. Many parents who sat waiting were a ready clientage for them.

With nothing much to do I glanced through the reading material provided by them . One such brochure from an admission consultant caught my attention. It gave a long list of colleges in various states with an assurance to get admission into these Institutes. While many were just average to below average colleges, some were the prestigious ones.

Out of curiosity I called up the admission consultant and discussed the modalities of securing an engineering seat in these prestigious Institutions. Unbelievably, he read out a virtual rate list. 

While 14 lakh plus aspirants will be writing IIT mains paper, here are the guys who are busy making mockery of the system. I really do not believe, how far such people can secure a seat but then mole has to exist for making a mountain of it.

Kudos to our education system !

No comments:

Post a Comment